group is a team of creatives, producers, and planners that help develop and execute Apple’s marketing strategy. We manage the package design, retail environments, motion graphics, events materials, direct marketing, as well as the Apple website.
The daily activities of the CD, Design will be quite varied- anything from reviewing creative work to developing effective campaigns with the local teams. The CD will need to be a strong Art Director and should partner well with the CD, Copywriter and others responsible for these areas. Are you a flexible and fluid person — yet take on a good leadership position by understanding what is right for your Geo/country? Then this might be the perfect role for you!
As Creative Director,
you’ll develop a good relationship with the Cupertino senior creatives to understand the creative strategy and be a strong voice/educator for the team. Building trust, being an effective creative partner, and having the ability to see the big picture — while keeping eyes on every detail — are key for this role. The right person will have the dedication to take on new challenges and be open to changes as we learn what is best for Russia & CIS.
- Self-managed and independent. High sense of responsibility and self-guidance needed to be successful, as the role reports into Cupertino. High level of professional judgement and autonomy.
- Enjoys working on a wide variety of creative work.
- Excellent presentation skills to communicate effectively throughout the global organization. Ability to communicate a compelling idea and gain acceptance from a larger audience in the review process. Ability to raise issues through a matrix’d working environment.
- Deep craft experience in their discipline and highly conceptual and strategic abilities to make ambitious and compelling campaigns.
- Ability to work well as a brand client with a large agency and direct agency work to ensure it meets the brand standards.
- Partners well with other creatives and works as a leader in the organization. Ability to move individuals through ambiguous situations. Builds a compelling creative vision to motivate and point the organization forward, is able to build relationships and partnerships within and out of the organization. Makes clear decisions, motivates the teams when working under difficult situations, and mentors and guides employees on the team.
- Ability to partner with all types of team members in a fast paced environment with changing direction.
- Creative direct vendor and freelance creatives to achieve the high quality design standards of Apple and ensure work is delivered on time, on budget and within given time constraints.
- Ability to handle large quantities of work, making smart fast decisions.
- Build a deep knowledge of Apple, its products, and the local business in order to create and identify new work that matches business problems in their market.
- Be a close partner to the Marcom Leader to discover, assess, and create compelling conceptual ideas to address unique market needs.
- Works to continually understand what is culturally relevant in Russia & CIS: What’s new, what is connecting with local audiences, what’s up and coming, and use these ideas to build ambitious Apple work that is relevant to their culture.
- Identifies and manages work from creative talent, freelancers, vendors, and partners in Russia that can create high quality, interesting work for the market. Creative direct work from this body of talent that represents Apple. This includes giving creative feedback to our agency partner MAL on specific country/geo campaigns to ensure they match the Apple tone and brand standards.
- Work as a member of the country/geo leadership team, acting as a creative voice and the heart of inspiration to foster the creative process.
- Along with the Marcom Lead, review work with Apple’s senior creative staff. Lead the creative process for the geo, articulate the local work to high level executives in the Marcom team.
- Provide support to the regional Marcom team and be the go-to person to resolve creative challenges.
- Where appropriate, dive into the creation of work, roll up their sleeves and work to create or localize Apple work.
- Ensure that all creative from the US teams is adapted for Russia and CIS. This is incredibly meaningful work and will represent the bulk of the position in market.
- Ability to travel to the US & Europe. Up to 4 weeks per quarter.
- Please apply in English.