Reporting to the VP and COO, this position is responsible for operations in the Eurasian region and providing the primary strategic and operational interface between the Headquarters of the New Development Bank (“Bank”) and its clients in Russia and the Eurasian sub-region in alignment with the Bank’s strategy. Apart from the responsibility to lead the Bank’s efforts in regional cooperation, the primary responsibilities of the Director General, Eurasian Regional Centre (“DG, ERC”) include: (i) project identification and pipeline development; (ii) project preparation; (iii) project implementation and monitoring; and (iv) regional portfolio management. The DG, ERC will work in close coordination with the Headquarters’ team responsible for the operations in the region and will support the Headquarters of the Bank in other functions including external relations and stakeholder management. The DG, ERC will be based in Moscow, Russia; and will be in charge of the office of the ERC in Moscow, Russia.
Specific Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To
- Build strong partnerships and hold periodic consultations on strategic, operational and policy areas with the Governments, other development stakeholders and business partners in the region to develop a coherent and consistent approach to the Bank’s operations.
- Coordinate on the Bank’s country partnership plan and pipeline of projects.
- Lead and be accountable for project identification and pipeline development in close coordination with the NDB Headquarters.
- Lead and be accountable for efficient implementation and disbursement of the Bank’s projects to ensure high quality of project portfolio in close coordination with the NDB Headquarters.
- Conduct periodic portfolio reviews in coordination with governments, related agencies and clients from public and private sectors to resolve issues interrupting efficient project implementation.
- Contribute to project processing by (i) providing critical country and sector knowledge to inform project design; (ii) supporting project processing missions as necessary and; (iii) coordinating with client counterparts to facilitate the timely accomplishment of project processing milestones.
- Keep abreast of and report on the developments and trends in the member countries and in the region including economic, political, sector-specific, thematic issues etc.
- Efficient management of financial, infrastructure and human resources in the ERC to deliver the mandate of the regional office in close coordination with the Headquarters of the Bank.
- Provide support, when necessary, based on the ERC capacity to the operations in Headquarters and in other areas of Bank’s business.
- Nurture talent and coach the team to ensure on-going learning and development of the team.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
ВНИМАНИЕ! Для отклика нужен VPN!
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, culminating in a leadership role and position of influence, in the Government, international investment financial institution or regulated large private/public sector financial institution or multilateral development bank or regional development financial institution or state-owned enterprises (SOEs) or infrastructure consulting firms/contractors.
- Leadership position in government or other relevant institutions with exposure to multilateral development banks and their functioning and knowledge of project financing in infrastructure and sustainable development sectors.
- Proven experience in supporting development of projects in the sectoral and regional programs in the infrastructure sector.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills in managing a diverse workforce.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, leading change, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills with high resilience and drive in achieving objectives and goals.
- Relevant experience in a multi-cultural work environment fostering a climate of teamwork and collaboration.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field from a reputed university.