А global luxury brand Burberry is looking for a Finance Manager.
As a trusted finance partner, you will use your finance expertise, connecting seamlessly with your Business and Finance colleagues, to provide commercial finance support, influencing decisions or strategy to deliver bottom-line benefits.
This role should be viewed as a co-pilot to the Business budget holders, pro-actively looking for opportunities and addressing areas not previously considered.
Whilst being unburdened by day-to-day processing responsibilities, you will retain overall accountability for the financial control of opex related to Product (Merchandising, Product Development, Planning, Design), Supply Chain (excluding Warehouse & Distribution) and Digital. In addition, you will generate a full financial picture for Digital (for reporting and forecasting purposes).
- Develop strong and trusted partnerships with key budget holders within functions with a commercial mind-set, provide analysis, challenge and insight on commercial finance matters and strategies – proactively addressing areas that may not have been previously considered
- Provide effective monthly management reports for key budget holders and Finance leadership team (significant exercise for digital).
- Support and influence key business decisions through the proactive creation of business cases and ‘what-if’ scenario planning, ensuring there is a consistent approach applied across functions.
- Ensure sufficient financial rigor is applied on all key investment decisions and post investment reviews are carried out, with learnings communicated and embedded in future assessments.
- Play a key role in evaluating business performance and offering advice on the future direction to achieve business targets and KPIs. Track, report and monitor performance against these targets.
- Help drive efficiencies through value adding activities by leading and delivering commercial finance analysis and identifying and managing KPIs.
- Oversee the financial planning process and ensure sufficient financial rigor has occurred in identifying efficiencies and cost savings.
- Lead and co-ordinate delivery of the month end close and financial controlling liaising closely with Horseferry Management Accounting Team.
- Maintain a balanced connection between your key budget holders and the Finance Leadership Team.
- Partner closely with Commercial Procurement
- Manage direct / indirect reports to optimize their performance and oversee their development, both as individuals and as a team.
- Qualified accountant ACA/CIMA or equivalent with at least 5 years PQE (as a guide).
- Strong analytical background, with a good attention to detail.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving.
- Ability to build rapport and trust.
- Ability to interact, advise and challenge senior leadership levels.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Commercial and retail mind-set – ability to interpret business requirements and prioritization.
- Ability to see short term and long term effects of possible actions.
- Ability to think globally.
- Good team player.
- Business partnering with non-finance individuals and teams.
- Proven track record of delivering change and driving improvements.
- At least 7 years post university experience (as a guide) with proven Management experience.